Medical Shielding /
SAFESCAN® Ferromagnetic Target Scanner™
- Exceptional Sensitivity
- Provides Secondary Physical Screening of Cleared Patients
- Extends FMD Screening to Easily Include Ambulatory and Mobility- Restricted Patients
- Targeted External Ferromagnetic Detection
- Conforms to ACR, Joint Commission and VA Best Practices Documents
- Recommended by ACR for Screening of External Objects / Devices
ETS-Lindgren’s Target Scanner is specifically designed to pinpoint external ferromagnetic objects on the patient, such as bobby pins and cell phones. Target Scanners provide an excellent second line of MR safety, and help to protect your patients, staff and magnet from ferromagnetic accidents.
Since nearly all MRI wheelchairs, carts, and carriages have ferromagnetic components, these will trigger an alarm on sensitive ferromagnetic detection systems. SAFESCAN Target Scanners can be positioned very close to a ferromagnetic threat, allowing for the most effective screening of non-ambulatory patients including those in “MRI safe” wheelchairs or gurneys, and greatly increasing detectability of smaller ferromagnetic threats.
Additionally, transferring a patient from a gurney or wheelchair to a non-ferromagnetic gurney and then to the MRI carriage is cumbersome and time consuming. In these cases, the SAFESCAN Target Scanner is a very helpful ferromagnetic detection device, providing safety and protecting operational efficiency.