- 80 Hz to 20 kHz
- 1 m to 2 m Radius Hemispherical Free Field (Custom Sizes Also Available)
- Precision-Grade Testing
- Engineering-Grade Testing
- Noise Emission Testing
- Low-Noise Testing
An ETS-Lindgren hemi-anechoic chamber provides engineered features that achieve outstanding performance results and goals without compromising acoustical concepts and budgets.
Hemi-anechoic chambers are used to perform precision- and engineering-grade testing on a wide variety of devices ranging from handheld units to large vehicles and equipment. ETS-Lindgren's hemi-anechoic chambers have a high-performance wall panel system that provides the low-noise environment required to test today's low-noise products. A precision-grade free-field environment is a product of the hemi-anechoic chamber's sound absorption system that consists of white melamine wedges installed on a patented clip system that provides fast wedge installation and removal. Unlike other wedge solutions, melamine wedges provide a bright and fiber-free working environment.
ETS-Lindgren offers a wide range of standard hemi-anechoic chambers to meet client needs. Standard chamber models have low-frequency cut off points of 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 150 Hz, and 250 Hz. Custom chamber designs to meet other performance specifications are available.
Standard ETS-Lindgren hemi-anechoic chambers have free-field regions with a 1 m to 2 m radius. Custom size free-field regions are available.
ETS-Lindgren's standard hemi-anechoic chambers are designed to comply with ISO 3745 free-field limits for both broadband and pure tone testing.
The high-quality test environment in an ETS-Lindgren hemi-anechoic chamber provides low environmental correction factors (K2) values for ISO 3744 sound power testing.
ETS-Lindgren hemi-anechoic chambers are designed for applications that require precise acoustic measurements need to optimize product design and performance of:
- Information Technology Equipment (e.g. computers, server racks, and routers)
- Small and Large Appliances
- Industrial Equipment and Components
- Automobile Components
- Vehicles (e.g. automobiles, tractors, motorcycles, etc.)
Applicable Test Standards:
- ISO 3745
- ISO 3744
- ISO 7779
- ANSI S12.55
- ANSI S12.54
- ANSI S12.10
ETS-Lindgren can perform an on-site chamber performance verification of interior ambient noise levels and free field quantification.
- Pre-sale site noise survey that determines required noise reduction to meet ambient design goals. (The cost of the site survey can be applied toward the purchase price of the chamber.)
- Identification and risk analysis of airborne and structure-borne threats
- Measure and evaluate host conditions
- Can combine measurement hardware and software with the chamber for a complete turn-key solution